- 120 soft matter scientists attended the Joint SoftComp/EUSMI Annual Meeting 2019 wich took place in Portonovo (AN), Italy, from 8-10 October... (Read more)
- Researchers from Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany, and Sapienza University of Rome, Italy, propose that DNA can be a versatile building block for fabricating all-DNA particles with engineered shape and interaction potentials that could serve... (Read more)
- 12th November 2019 - 31st January 2020
- 11th December 2019 - 13th December 2019
- 30th March 2020 - 2nd April 2020
All partners of SoftComp share a common goal: to obtain a detailed understanding of the physical mechanisms and properties of complex, multi-component soft matter composites in oder to to provide a fundamental basis for an intelligent engineering of materials and their processing. Currently, 39 groups from 35 institutions in 12 European countries build the consortium.
Methods & Instruments
The joint use of methods and instruments plays a major role in achieving integration between the SoftComp partners. Three research platforms assemble the different technical and scientific abilities present in the network: Synthesis, Experimental Techniques, and Theoretical and Numerical Methods.