- The precise spatio-temporal delivery of nanoparticles from polymeric capsules is required for applications ranging from medicine to materials science. Reasearchers from the Imperial College London, UK, have demonstrated that microporosity and capsule morphology... (Read more)
- Protein adsorption at the solid-liquid interface is an important phenomenon that often can be observed as a first step in biological processes. A team from Germany and Great Britain has demonstrated the control... (Read more)
- 28th May 2018 - 31st May 2018
- 25th February 2019 - 1st March 2019
- 17th April 2019 - 19th April 2019
All partners of SoftComp share a common goal: to obtain a detailed understanding of the physical mechanisms and properties of complex, multi-component soft matter composites in oder to to provide a fundamental basis for an intelligent engineering of materials and their processing. Currently, 39 groups from 35 institutions in 12 European countries build the consortium.
Methods & Instruments
The joint use of methods and instruments plays a major role in achieving integration between the SoftComp partners. Three research platforms assemble the different technical and scientific abilities present in the network: Synthesis, Experimental Techniques, and Theoretical and Numerical Methods.